Happy New Year, everyone!
Remember me? It’s been, yet again, another two or so years since I’ve posted anything. Tsk-tsk, Makena. But this time around I have decided to do something different – I completely cleaned out my blog, having deleted everything. I’m starting over, starting fresh. No overdue posts to worry about, no annoying static. Just a blank slate. What better time is there than at the beginning of a new year anyways?
I for one have a lot to look forward to / work on this year:
• I’m getting married in March
• We’re moving half way across the country to North Carolina a few months after that
• I am going to try my darndest to start blogging (about life things, and art things and whatnot things) more consistently again
• I’d love to get reacquainted with all of you wonderful people
• I hope to find my voice as an artist / really solidify my “style” (I think I’m almost there)
• An Etsy will exist (once I build a large enough inventory)
• I’ll continue my journey to living a healthier life (40 lbs down, here’s to 40 more)
• Did I mention I’ll also be turning 25? Hello quarter life crisis! I’m going to be in you so hard!
Overall, this is pretty much going to be the biggest (and hopefully best) year of my life. Heck, it shouldn’t be too difficult to beat 2016 – I mean, am I right or am I right?
How about you? How are ya, how’s it goin’, how’s it been? Do you have any 2017 resolutions? Hopes? Dreams? Just happy to have made it through 2016?
So, for those of you that have been here since the beginning (what’s it been…oh, 6 or 8 years already?), thank you for not giving up on me, even when I gave up on myself a couple times. As for those of you who are hearing of me for the first time, welcome – stay awhile! I sure hope I do, this time!
Until next time, stay awesome!